Lightning Labels Recognizes Earth Day and Spring's Return with Eco-Friendly Labels
This entry was posted on March, 26 2013.
Eco-Friendly Labels Support Sustainability This Spring
Denver, CO, (March 26, 2013) - Lightning Labels, a custom label and sticker printing leader, encourages manufacturers to honor Earth Day and spring's return with a full line of eco-friendly labels that support sustainability in April and beyond. Although Earth Day is officially recognized for one day every year, custom labels printed by Lighting Labels provide sustainable solutions all year long. Committed to preserving resources for future generations, Lightning Labels aims to provide consumers with viable alternatives to labels that are tree- or petroleum-based. As manufacturers peruse the variety of label options available, Lightning Labels aims to educate consumers about the most current eco-friendly materials available today.
Multiple Options Now Available for Eco-Friendly Custom Stickers "Lightning Labels offers a lot of Earth-friendly options that manufacturers can use for their custom label projects," says Julie Mcculley, Lightning Labels Production Manager. "Although producers can feel good about their role in preserving the environment, many consumers will appreciate their efforts and may make purchasing decisions based on a product's eco-friendly labels, thus driving sales and awareness."
Here are some material options manufacturers can consider when brainstorming eco-friendly labels:
1. EarthFirst PLA Lightning Labels recently became the first digital label printer in the U.S. to offer EarthFirst PLA eco-friendly custom stickers. Made from corn rather than petroleum, EarthFirst PLA labels are printed on a film material and deliver striking aesthetic value as well as durability. Because EarthFirst PLA is a compostable label material, the simple switch can reduce the excess of landfill waste made up of petroleum products that remain in the ground for years. This label type is biodegradable and is also durable, waterproof and oilproof.
2. Set in BioStone Another eco-friendly label option from Lightning Labels is BioStone, which is made from stone instead of trees. Every part of these biodegradable labels - including the adhesive backings - is fully compostable and highly durable. BioStone labels enjoy excellent ink adhesion and are water-resistant, making these striking labels a rock-solid custom labels solution.
3. Recycled Kraft A crafty way to reduce one's carbon footprint is by printing labels on recycled Kraft paper material made from 100 percent post-consumer waste. Strong and suitable for machine applications, these earthy, organic-looking labels are ideal options for conserving energy while providing products with an enduring, dependable look and feel.
4. Recycled Vellum White vellum material adds an elegant and uplifting look to custom labels. Also recycled from 100 percent post-consumer waste, its sustainability and strong liner make it suitable for machine applications and add a one-two punch to any custom printing projects.
Eco-Friendly Packaging and Labeling First Step to Taking Sustainable Action Choosing eco-friendly packaging and labeling is just the first step to reducing a carbon footprint. Consumers and manufacturers can keep the sustainability chain going with a few simple Earth Day tips, which are great year-round:
1. Reduce Energy Use Keeping appliances maintained and using climate control systems, light timers and other energy-savers helps preserve money and natural resources. People may want to make sure appliances have good user reviews because faulty, inefficient systems waste energy and drain resources. A visit from an HVAC professional to check systems can ensure everything is as up-to-date and energy-efficient as possible.
2. Consider Composting Creating a compost pile preserves landfill space and fertilizes soil, allowing better water absorption to help plants grow better. Food scraps, such as banana peels, apple cores and eggshells, are just a few examples of items that make good compost and reduce the need for spending money on fertilizing products.
3. Recycle Keeping a recycling bin near office desks and at home may make it easier to remember to recycle packaging or other paper products that will no longer be used.
Request your FREE instant quote today.